WHO AM I?

      I have been writing for as long as I can remember. After being recognized for my writing during school and college, I spent several years working in bookkeeping and raising a family, which left little time for reading and writing.
      Now days, I make time to pursue my passion for words. I write poetry, short stories, and essays, usually with one or more rescued animals offering their assistance. I am also working on, or at least threatening to work on, two novels, however those may have to wait for retirement. I enjoy entering writing contests as a way to stretch my creative muscles and try new types of writing. My husband Gary and I challenge each other by competing in some of the same writing contests. Our win ratios are pretty close.
      My poetry and short stories have won several local, state, regional, and national contests, most notably the 2015 Lucidity Ozark Poetry Retreat Grand Prize.  A few of my short stories and poems have been published in anthologies, and I've written a few blog posts about writing, which can be found on the White County Creative Writers website.  A collection of my poetry, A Rhyme for Every Season, is available on Amazon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW WEBSITE

When in Doubt, Pray

Finding the Blessings Under a Blanket of Snow