Overnight Success?


      I have been fortunate to see some exciting things happening in my writing practice. In the past few weeks, I have received my first check for a magazine piece to be published in October, received contributor's copies of an anthology, and seen a true story published in a magazine. I have eagerly shared these successes with family, friends, and fellow writers. I hope my small successes will be encouragement for others to keep digging for their own dreams.
      Because it doesn’t happen overnight. The anthology story was submitted a year ago. One of the magazine stories was submitted in January, the other in March. By the way, several other pieces have been submitted since that anthology story last year and received no response at all. It can get discouraging.
       But to mix a metaphor, anything worth doing is worth the wait. Never give up; never quit trying to reach that next milestone.
       There’s no such thing as overnight success.

Comments

  1. Wise words, Kim. Congratulations on your writing successes. The worst part is the no reply is generally a NO. But I have been surprised before. Just when I was certain my work was rejected, I received an acceptance. Mind if I ask where your piece is being published in Oct.?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NEW WEBSITE

Finding the Blessings Under a Blanket of Snow

Paws In Prison